Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
In other recruiting news one of the nation's top cover corners, Cliff Harris, committed to Oregon yesterday. Here is some more info on his commitment and some coaching developments.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Picture above really says it all, doesn't it? Pete Carroll always seems to have a hissy fit when things don't go his way. Especially when his star quarterback, Mark Sanchez, opts for the draft early, despite his disapproval. Just solidifies my thoughts that Pete's mom and dad gave him every little thing he wanted when he had a temper tantrum. You know what Pete? F#$% You too. To quote the Rolling Stones: "You can't always get what you want."
Thursday, January 15, 2009
The New Scout 300 was released recently. Look at some of Oregon's prospects/commits (and especially who winds up at #1 on both lists now)
- #1 - RB Bryce Brown - Considered a soft verbal to Miami and a slight lean to Oregon. Potentially might visit USC now. Might wait until after signing day now. Was All-American Co-Player of the Game with Tajh Boyd.
- #23 - QB Tajh Boyd - Considered an Oregon lean and it's between Oregon and Ohio State. Sounds like he might visit Clemson this weekend. Was All-American Co-Player of the Game with Bryce Brown.
- #52 - CB Cliff Harris - Considered an Oregon lean but grades may be an issue.
- #62 - DE Sam Montgomery - Said to be visiting Oregon on Jan. 30th.
- #77 - OG Michael Philip - Says he is serious about all 6 school and will decide close to signing day. Has his last visit to Oregon State this weekend.
- #156 - MLB Boseko Lokombo - Oregon Commit.
- #221 - WR Adam Hall - Will be in Eugene this weekend.
- #280 - WLB Michael Clay - Oregon Commit.
- #289 - WR Diante Jackson - Originally committed to Oregon but changed to Colorado. It is still up in the air if he will wind up in Eugene.
There are a few other prospects that were listed as interested but no visits were currently arranged or made so it's highly unlikely.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- The East-West Shrine Game will be on ESPN 2 at 1pm PST this Saturday (January 17th).
- The Senior Bowl will be on the NFL Network at 4pm PST January 24th.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- the last 2 years you've had 2 top 25 recruiting classes (2007 and 2008).
- The Ducks have a legitimate qb in Jeremiah Masoli (with Costa and Roper as very capable backups... Hopefully redshirting Thomas)
- A proven hard-nose running back in LaGarrette Blount and two shifty backs in Andre Crenshaw and Remene Alston.
- Another promising running back in LaMichael James (although I realize most of you Duck fans haven't seen him yet).
- Aaron Pflugrad and Jeff Maehl will be back at WR
- Wide receivers Drew Davis and Jamere Holland have yet to get started
- Wide receiver Garrett Embry hasn't even played yet... Not to mention Chris Harper if they keep him at WR.
- Linebackers Casey Matthews, Spencer Paysinger and Eddie Pleasant will likely be starting next year. Among other well respected backups.
- While both lines will need some work, 5 star defensive tackle Justin Thompson will finally be on board in January among a few other new talented players on the offensive and defensive lines.
- A secondary that is most likely returning 3 of 4. Jarius Byrd, Walter Thurmond III and TJ Ward. The ducks will still have Willie Glasper (ok, the only video I could find was him playing rock/paper/scissors with Chung), Kenjon Barner, John Boyett, Talmadge Jackson III, Scott Grady and others still returning.
- One of the best tight-ends in the nation, Ed Dickson, is returning with backups Malachi Lewis and Georgia transfer NaDerris Ward.
- Morgan Flint and Daniel Padilla will both be back at kicker and Tim Taylor at punter. Plus the Ducks staff has one of the top rated kickers and top rated punters committed to sign in February.
- While some were mentioned above, this doesn't take into account most of the yet to be signed recruiting class and many of the potential Ducks the staff may pick up in the coming month.
- After all that I was reminded the Duck's schedule is about as perfect as it can be to setup a run. Toughest away game being Boise State and Utah, ASU, Cal, USC & OSU all at home.
- Plus, Chip Kelly, one of the most brilliant minds in college football, will be calling plays if you decide to stick around.
One word Bellotti, one word... Encore!