Sunday, November 30, 2008
Beat them up and take them out of the bowl.
How do you keep a Beaver out of your garden?
Plant a bed of roses.
Here are some older ones from the Wine's Family Blog & Lightning Strikes Blog.
Oregon's cheerleaders are getting some more attention.
Reed was named MVP and Jeremiah Johnson most inspirational player during Oregon's postseason awards banquet.
Here are some absolutely wonderful quotes from Oregon State fans.
Interesting tid bits from the Civil War...
- The Ducks were 9 yards shy of beating Oregon State's most yards allowed in a game (Penn State - 454)... IN THE FIRST HALF.
- 65 points were the most ever allowed by OSU
OSU... That was payback for 2000! For those of you who know Dolemite (I got this text from him)... "U should just walk around town and bitch slap Beaver fans because that's what the Ducks did last night"
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
- In 1940 the sign was built for White Satin Sugar Co.
- In 1959 the sign was changed from "White Satin" to "White Stag" for White Stag Sportswear.
- In 1997 the sign was changed from "White Stag" to "Made in Oregon"
Monday, November 24, 2008
- Stakes in 112th Civil War are greater than ever. There is so much on the line.
- GameDay is headed to Stillwater instead of Oregon State. Too bad GameDay still hasn't heard of Corvallis.
- Bellotti doesn't buy all the motivation gimmicks to get the Ducks pumped up to play the Beavers.
- For the first time in the last 3 years it will be the Ducks entering the Civil war out of a bye instead of Oregon State. Bellotti has fared well after a bye with the last loss being to Arizona when Dixon went down.
- So many predictions out this time of the season. Most predict the Ducks to play in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego despite losing to Oregon State. Cal's victory over Stanford last weekend assured the Ducks cannot make the Rose Bowl.
- Setting up the stage for Civil War with some stat comparisons and a few links.
- The Beaver's play like family and their coach has incredible confidence in his team. Really? Don't most teams play like family and have a coach with confidence in their players?
- Do the Ducks have a prayer? Sure they do... and here is why.
- Don't know much about the Civil War? Here is a COMPLETE game-by-game reprise.
- What running game will the Ducks see on Saturday? Will Quizz Rodgers be ready to play? If so, how much pain can Quizz take? Here is an injury update for the Civil War.
- 112 Things you need to know about the Civil War.
Friday, November 21, 2008
- Another Civil war piece that recaps the 2005 season to setup a huge UO/OSU game (at least for the Ducks).
- The arena recently started construction and has a dedicated website.
- LaMichael James highlighted the rookie scrimmage. The 5'9" James has been helping Oregon prepare for the 5'7" Quizz Rodgers.
- Obviously Bellotti and the Ducks want the Beavers to beat Arizona this weekend to setup an even bigger Civil War next week. All eyes in Oregon will be looking for an OSU win this weekend.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
You do have to love Jeremiah Johnson's quote (from Moseley's post above) regarding the new black jerseys and helmets looking like Oregon State's.
“I think I speak for the whole town of Eugene when I say, black goes better with green and yellow,” Johnson said. “That’s my whole take on it. Black and orange don’t even look right to me. If that’s their color, we take it and make it look better.”Eat it OSU... Which team is 7-3 and which team is 6-3? Start talking Roses once you've taken care of Cal and Arizona.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Will the Ducks be wearing new unforms this weekend? Nike has released some new Blackout Duck gear that is very similar to the jersey shown in the previous link. I know we've been hearing about a black helmet also so I wonder if they will be introducing all new helmets also.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Rickert wrote an extensive piece on the recruits those and 3 more that will be visiting this weekend.
Here is a quick recap:
- Bryce Brown - #1 running back (5 star) from Wichita, Kansas. 6' and 200lbs. Currently a soft verbal to Miami where his brother is a freshman
- Craig Loston - #1 safety (5 star) from Houston, Texas. 6'1", 190lbs wtiha 4.57 40 time. Originally committed to Clemson (and planned on enrolling in January) but decommitted after Bowden was fired.
- Montrell Conner - #31 running back (4 star) from Monroe, Louisiana. Currently committed to Mississippi State.
- Charles Siddoway - #20 offensive tackle (4 star) from Eugene, Oregon. 6'6", 305lbs and 5.3 40 time. I'm guessing this isn't his first Duck game.
- Jaz Reynolds - #84 wide receiver (3 star) from Houston, Texas. 6'3", 180lbs and 4.82 40 time. He's from the same school as Loston.
- Curtis White - defensive end from Eugene, Oregon. 6'5" and 240 lbs. White committed to the Ducks last winter for the 2010 season.