Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Yes, I know, this is a year old... but funny nonetheless.
Here is this year's list... "10 More Things To Look Forward To This College Football Season".
"According to 1980's movies, you should be reading this article from a goddam space pod hovering above your other space pod in front of your robotic dog while your robotic maid reaches in your lap and rubs one out into a robotic hand towel... Instead, you have an iPhone. Yabba dabba do."
Monday, August 24, 2009
- ESPN will be testing it's first 3D telecast to fans during the USC at Ohio State game on Sept. 12th.
- True Freshman Daryle Hawkins has been showing he might be part of the QB mix at Oregon.
- Oregon has closed out the public to their last scrimmage tomorrow. Maybe Kelly's got something up his sleeve...
- Oregon Ducks Elevator Week 3. Up: Daryle Hawkins, UO Women's Soccer & Morgan Flint... Down: Bo Thran... Lost: Lou Holtz
- Oregon's new receivers have been keeping their eye (and hands) on the ball.
- The defense has been stepping up this fall after Aliotti tweaked it in the offseason.
- Oregon came in at #16 in the preseason AP poll.
- Kenny Rowe was listed on the Pac-10 All Hype Team.
- Thurmond is looking to jump-start the Ducks as their punt and kick returner.
- Byrd is ready to make a impact for the Bills.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Also, Curtis White, an Oregon DE recruit for 2010 just got his 5th star.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
And in response to the many comments... Yes, the Ducks (and Beavers) did grace the cover of Sports Illustrated before the 2001 season (actually have it hanging behind my bar at home)... The same season the Ducks ended up 2nd in the National Polls after beating Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl while the Beavers dropped out of national recognition. Maybe there isn't such thing as the SI curse... Each team will make it's own destiny
Jeremiah Masoli and Jordan Holmes will be on the cover of the Sports Illustrated in the latest edition. Pretty cool the Ducks will get some regional recognition and show off the "lights out" jerseys... Hmmm... The last Duck to grace the cover... None other than Jason Fife after beating Michigan. Any good Duck fan knows what happened next.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Duck Sports News also has an interview with Jeff Maehl for your viewing pleasure.
Sounds like Diante's going to put on a fashion show by himself as his mom will dying his hair the same color combos as the team is wearing each week. Diante was also assigned the number 85 and pronounced himself 'the Ocho Cinco of college football — without the attitude.' I like this kid already.
26 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes till kickoff... Go Ducks!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Here are practice reports from the last three days. After reading these it's great to hear that LaMichael, Holland, Costa and others are starting to impress...
The Oregonian has been running a few practice interviews for those who don't have access to EDuck or DSA
Moseley also has an updated depth chart after the first few days of practice.
I have been hearing nothing but good things about what Chip's been doing down in Eugene since he's taken over as head coach. It's just little things like this that reassure me that he's got the team headed in the right direction and keeping them motivated.
Oregon is also a team that can schedule a date with destiny if it plays it's cards right this season.