I kept track of some of Chip Kelly's quotes throughout the football season... Here are some of the ones that stuck out to me... Please feel free to contribute if you have a good one.
· “Last time I checked, there is no ‘Hall of Average.’ “
· “I’m not making a bold prediction, but we believe we can win every football game.”
· “I think it’s kind of like if you watch the Tour De France, you know, when you pedal up the hill, when you’re going downhill you still keep pedaling if you want to stay in front so, there’s no cruising going on in Eugene.”
· “If your expectations aren’t to be the best, then… you know, nobody rises to low expectations.”
· “Our expectations are to win every game we play. I don’t know if that’s ever going to happen .... but no one ever rises to low expectations.”
· “(Golf coach) Casey Martin is our uniform coordinator. He was very well-dressed on the PGA Tour. He did not dress like John Daly. So I told Casey he can have it.”
· “You better show up. You don’t have to be the best team in the country. You just have to be the best team in the stadium on that day.”
· "Our whole season is a 15-round heavyweight championship fight. We're in the fourth round. Round four just ended, we get over to the corner, get a squirt in our mouth and get ready to go, and we got to get ready for round five.”
· “It’s Oregon vs. UCLA for all the marbles. That’s got to be your thought process. You actually have a week off next week — that’s how nice I am.”
· “Feed the tuna mayonnaise.”
· "We never flinched," Kelly said, bringing up the call before he was even asked about it. "I went for it on fourth down because I was confident we could get a stop and get another chance." After Oregon went for it on 4th down vs. Arizona in the final minutes and failing to convert.
· "At the end of the day it is a team game and the best award is being the Pac-10 Champion and we've got that one." (About only 1 player being named to the All Pac-10 Team)
· “I don’t know, maybe because we made it I have to announce I’m retiring on Jan. 2, because we kind of made it all the way to the top,” he added, jokingly. “But I think I’ll be here for a couple more years.”
· "I'll give any teller who gives me a lollipop four stars." Comparing banks to the recruiting websites.