Here is how the Pac-10 looks...
National Championship Odds for 2008 PAC 10 Teams
- 3/1 - USC
- 35/1 - ASU
- 40/1 - Cal
- 60/1 - Oregon & UCLA
- 100/1 - Washington
- 125/1 - OSU, WSU & Arizona
- NONE - Stanford (Field 40/1)
So I guess people like ASU... Yes Erickson can coach but I'm more interested to see what happens when he decides to take off for something better in a year or two (and the team he leaves behind).
Interesting to see Cal this high after last year's melt down (similar to the Ducks meltdown the year before...) Are people expecting a similar turnaround for the Bear?
Can't believe that Washington has better odds of winning a NC than OSU. Wonder where they would be without Jake Locker (or without Willingham).
- 4 - Stanford & WSU
- 4.5 - Washington
- 6.5 - Arizona & OSU
- 8 - Oregon & Cal
- 8.5 - ASU
- 10.5 - USC
- NONE - UCLA
- Stanford (4)- OVER
- WSU (4) - EVEN
- Washington (4.5) - OVER - But just by 5... Still means... Bye Ty
- Arizona (6.5) - UNDER - Think Erickson would move to Arizona if the price was right?
- OSU (6.5) - OVER - Beavers always seem to do better than expected, even without their front 7 on D
- Oregon (8) - OVER - Better to be slightly optimistic than overly unrealistic.
- Cal (8) - UNDER - I'll believe it when I see it.
- ASU (8.5) - UNDER - They are no longer under the radar... They have the players but I don't think they will win more than 8 (Even with the 3 game gimme to start the season).
- USC (10.5) - UNDER - Regardless, I think the Trojans will stumble at least twice this season.
National Championship Odds for Other Notable Teams
- 8/1 - Georgia - Interesting they are below a few other teams as they will probably be AP and Coaches #1 pick to start the season. I'm still not completely convinced about the Georgia team that didn't even win their division last year.
- 8/1 - Ohio State - I'd take this bet in a heart beat if it was to "play" the national championship and get their ass spanked, yet again.
- 40/1 - Michigan - Hmmm... Really?!? Without a quarterback to run RRs system? I understand the pressure to win at Michigan, but really? I might take this bet if Michigan was included in the 40/1 field bet.
- 50/1 - South Florida - Isn't this the same team that the Ducks kicked to the curb with their 4th sting quarterback? I don't believe the hype.
- 75/1 - Nebraska - This bet sounds about right. New coach but respected program that may never be the juggernaut it used to be.
- 75/1 - South Carolina - This also wouldn't be a bad bet. Cory Boyd (their leading rusher) and Blake Michell (starting QB) are gone.... But Steve Spurrier jr. was rehired to run the offense, Jasper Brinkley (all-American linebacker candidate) is back after a season ending knee injury and Spurrier has brought in enough talent over the past few years to make a serious difference.
- 100/1 - Purdue - Don't know much about the boilermakers besides their run defense should have some serious trouble stopping JJ, Blount, Crenshaw & Remene.
- 100/1 - Notre Dame - Knowing the media I'm surprised their not up their with Ohio State at 8/1.
- 150/1 - Boise State - Understandable after that bowl appearance. Wonder how many people lost money on a "sure thing" versus East Carolina. I wouldn't even know where East Carolina was if the "East" and "Carolina" weren't already spelled out for me.
- 150/1 - Fresno State - This is actually surprising since many believe they will be challenging for a BCS birth this year.
Over/Under Win Total for Other Notable Teams
- 2.5 - Syracuse - tough one... OVER
- 3 - Vanderbilt - OVER
- 5.5 - Colorado - OVER
- 6 - Arkansas - UNDER
- 6.5 - Kentucky - OVER
- 6.5 - Purdue - OVER
- 7 - Texas A&M - OVER
- 7 - Notre Dame - UNDER
- 7 - Nebraska - hmmm... OVER
- 8 - South Carolina - OVER
- 8 - Michigan - UNDER
- 8.5 - Fresno State - OVER
- 9.5 - Boise State - OVER
- 10 - Ohio State - OVER... unfortunately...
- 10 - Oklahoma - UNDER... but barely...