Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gary Crowton: QB Genius?


Gary Crowton needs to get LSU's quarterbacks ready for play and considering they only have 2 scholarship QBs, he may have his work cut out for him. He's not worried... He's been through this before...


"I've been through that... We win the game because Brady Leaf was ready. You've got to get everybody ready just in case"

Interesting thought Gary. I seem to remember it a bit differently (as does history). I remember Brady couldn't drive the ball until Haberly's fumble recovery put Oregon up by 7. Yes, Brady completed some passes for first downs to run out the clock but I wouldn't necessary consider that "ready."

Is that also how prepared you made Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf for the 2006 season? I can't wait to see LSU take a swan dive this year similar to every other Gary Crowton team in its second year.

Yes, I agree, he is an offensive genius (no joke, I do believe that). However, a quarterback coaching genius? NO. He's got a brilliant mind yet no way to completely educate his players with those thoughts/ideas. He lacks the "teacher" aspect of being a coach and considering you are coaching college kids that seems like a big portion of your position.
And I guarantee I'm not the only one with that opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment