Friday, August 29, 2008

Rudy Leaves an Impression


If you didn't see the men's basketball gold medal matchup between the United States and Spain you not only missed a stellar performance not only from the US basketball team but a glimpse of what's to come for Blazer basketball in 2008. No, I'm not talking about Bayless or Oden, I'm referring to Rudy Fernandez. Nate McMillan was there to watch the 23 year old put up a team-high 22 points and was impressed to say the least.

"I'm sitting there (in the gold medal game) with a straight face, trying not to smile"


"Every time Rudy did something, D'Antoni would look at me and say, 'Your player, huh?' And I would be 'Yeah, he's cool' Like no big deal."'

If you didn't watch the game then you missed Rudy's dunk over Dwight Howard.

No comments:

Post a Comment